AIRPORT HOTEL STRIVES TO BE A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community is an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering such areas as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety. That tradition continues with the Responsible Business program at the Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel.
Responsible Business activities and achievements of this hotel include
- 100% renewable energy use guarantee
- 100% use of environmentally approved copy paper and conference pads
- 2 of the hotel's four cars replaced with environmentally friendly vehicles
- Low-energy bulbs and master switches to reduce electricity use
- Organic and fair-trade food served in the restaurant
- Responsible Business training for all staff
- Television channels that exclude adult movies
- Use of more than 70% environmentally approved detergents and drying agents
- Responsible Business Action Month in September every year.
Our hotel works in close cooperation with the foundation Min Stora Dag (translated as “My Big Day”). We provide several families with a hotel stay while children are fulfilling their dreams and wishes.
Founded in 2000, Min Stora Dag helps seriously ill children between the ages of 3 and 18 who need encouragement. Every year, hundreds of children in Sweden are diagnosed with a life-threatening disease. Min Stora Dag gives these children something wonderful to dream about when days are long and treatments are harsh.
Green Key – Environmental Management
As a Green Key hotel, the Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel plays an active role in protecting the environment. We employ an environmental policy with effective guidelines for staff training, conservation of water and energy, and disposal of wastes and chemical products. In addition to closely monitoring energy consumption, we’ve installed waste-sorting and water-saving equipment. The staff also uses cleaning products that are environmentally friendly.
Our policy reflects our commitment to respect nature and contribute to environmental education. Employee-driven, this policy seeks to spread environmental awareness to our suppliers and customers. When guests choose a Green Key hotel, they’re partnering with a company that respects and preserves the environment, encouraging them to participate in green practices themselves.