Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
BAHRAIN HOTEL SUPPORTS COMMUNITY AND PROTECTS ENVIRONMENT
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF THIS HOTEL INCLUDECommunity
- Donating food and clothing to assist distressed and low-income workers
- Organizing activities for local schools and special needs children
- Sponsoring children through international organizations Donating leftover food each week to the local animal sanctuary
- Training every employee on Responsible Business goals and initiatives
- First hotel in Bahrain to hold a major "shut down" in support of Earth Hour
- Annual participation in Earth Hour to raise awareness of climate change and global warming
- Ongoing reductions in water and electricity consumption