Champagne Bar Events
New breath in Champagne - Tomorrow’s best champagnes only at the Dokhan's Bar!
This month of November, we are pleased to present two young and talented winemakers who give this beautiful region of Champagne the full character of its terroir through winemaking one grapes of a single year.
Save the date Thursday, November 19, from 19:30 for a live jazz evening with a trio led by Aurélien Robert, guaranteed in the purest gypsy style!
We will also host another event this month, Friday, Nov. 27 from 19:00. Following the success of previous editions, we are pleased to offer again a blind tasting night. Reservation only, come and share this fun and surprising moment, open to everybody!
We start the month with Charles Dufour, installed since 2010 on 6 hectares of vineyards in bio only, is a tiny vineyard compared to Mouton Rothschild first grand cru Bordeaux classified with 84 hectares.
This house is located at Landreville, in the Ource valley in the Côte des Bar, fifth generation. Its principle of all its vineyards vinify separately from the pressing (press the grapes in order to extract the juice).
We have chosen to introduce you to six vintages of its wines of Champagne:
- "Bulles de Comptoir" Number 3 "Nouveau Souffle" in magnum
- An assembly cuvée, three grape varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and three Pinot Blanc wines.
- Cuvée in extra-brut (very few metered) with only 14,000 bottles produced maximum.
- A fresh and natural bubble with a fresh nose rosemary, white peach flower, the mouth is full of finesse and precision, wine in all its purity.
- "La pulpe et le grain 2009" Blanc de Noir, is a subtle wine that reflects very well the terroir and grape variety. It's crunchy, full of fruit and so flattering that our taste buds quiver at each tasting.
- "La sauvage blanc de blancs" from the 2007 vintage, a balanced Chardonnay between freshness and roundness with tertiary notes.
The domain Vincent Couche will also be honored. He cultivates thirteen hectares in biodynamics in villages of Buxeuil and Montgueux in the Aube.
Vincent is a man in tune with nature, a true passion for the vine that flows in his veins. He learned to care for plants with plants... a very complex technique with talking floors and basements for the vine go ever deeper draw which gives more complexity to the grapes.
Guests can enjoy three great vintages of this wine:
- Eclipsa Extra brut: a finely oxidative register, this extra-brut cuvée, carries with it the solar and deep flavors. Yellow and white candied fruit with a frank and chiseled mouth, perfect wine to start.
- Eclipsa Rosé: what fun that sip of mouth cherry juice. But not only! There are also citronella notes, pomegranate, white flowers. The palate is soft and fruity with great finesse.
- The Vintage 2002: Golden color. Very open and expressive nose with subtle dried fruit notes, peaches ... The freshness gives a lot of length and material of this amazing vintage in the region of Champagne.