Champagne Bar Events
Two houses "Coup de Coeur" in February at the Dokhan's Bar!
This month, we present two houses, the Jacquesson and Soutiran, well-known lovers of champagne located in the Montagne de Reims. February also brings Valentine’s Day, during which we offer our annual special tasting.
Founded in 1798 by Memmie Jacquesson, Champagne Jacquesson quickly became prosperous, attracting the attention of Napoleon 1st, who awarded the house a gold medal in 1810 for "the beauty and richness of its cellars". Champagne Jacquesson works hard to perfect its technique and to produce one of the most famous Champagnes. The champagne house Jacquesson relies on a vineyard of about 30 hectares, located in Avize, Ay, Dizy and Hautvillers. Purchased in 1974 by the Chiquet family, who held both the winemaker and the trader, the Jacquesson brand implants in Dizy, in the Marne Valley, where she leads the reconstruction of a model home. The credit for this goes to the Chiquet brothers, Jean-Hervé for the trade and Jean-Laurent for the wine making. They are two enthusiasts who are now focusing on a highly qualitative production.
- The Cuvée 700 is the only assembly produced by the term of a year. It offers a different profile every year, which can be identified by the batch number.
- They come from three Grands Crus and Premiers Crus of two, developed from the first press juice, vinified in small barrels and almost always without filtration.
- The Cuvée No. 739, 2011 base is assembled with 57% Chardonnay, 21% Pinot Black and 22% Pinot Meunier. The reserve wines account for 31%. A beautiful pale with a yellow color and golden hues, the nose reveals nice floral and brioche notes, balance in the mouth, freshness and the length suggests a very good guard.
We also have the honor to present the Soutiran house, founded in 1969 and located in Ambonnay, a beautiful village classified as Grand Cru of the famous Montagne de Reims. The house's signature style allows it to provide is unique terroir of the best quality, where passion and experience reveal the work of nature. We have chosen to introduce you to 3 white Champagnes.
- The brut non-metered: A very interesting wine without added sugar. This wine is kept in a cellar for 5 years. Despite the climate and cold temperatures, it is a great Champagne. Bright and round, with hints of toast and undergrowth.
- The vintage "Perle Noire" (Black Pearl) with vintage Blanc de Noirs, is developed solely with Pinot Black only on grand cru vineyards. It has a nose with power, a subtle blend of flavors with white truffle notes, bread of spice and the mouth is long with a beautiful freshness.
- The vintage "Private Collection": A confidential cuvée, this selection is produced in a limited series. It is a blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Black kept for 5 years in the cellar. This is simply a fantastic champagne with great vinous and a multitude of flavors.
To learn more about the special Valentine's Day tasting or for any other information, contact us via our website or using our social media pages.