RADISSON BLU ES. HOTEL, ROME PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Social responsibility is a fundamental value of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group. We are committed to creating a sustainable environment while acknowledging and improving social and ethical issues around the world.
In 2001 we highlighted our commitment to the environment with the creation of a Responsible Business program. It's implemented in all our hotels with an action plan specifically designed for each hotel. The RB program features community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
All of our hotels are involved with local charity groups and Residor’s corporate international charity organization, the World Childhood Foundation. The foundation’s mission is to defend the rights of children and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk around the world.
All Radisson Blu hotels are committed to the “Yes I can” philosophy. We strive to demonstrate this philosophy with every action and achievement of the hotel. The hotel accepts its responsibility for its employees, the environment and the world.Hotel actions and achievements
- Adoption of two children in India from a charitable non-profit organization program through the company Onlus
- Living RB training for all employees
- RB Day: A day dedicated to the RB program with various activities (e.g., donating blood)
- RB meeting with "Pandora Association" - sponsorship to maternity
- RB party: An annual event in collaboration with "Agape 2000," a party dedicated to disadvantaged people
- 100% of the hotel's electricity produced from renewable energy
- New solar heating system for the swimming pool
- New water dispenser in all offices and staff canteen
- Recycling waste in collaboration with local municipality
- Reduction of light bulbs' watt and quantity with LED replacement
- Separating waste in all parts of the hotel with new baskets in public areas