Spend a day on the links at Farnham Estate's golf course in Cavan
Designed by leading European golf course designer Jeff Howes, the Farnham Estate's golf course in Cavan spans more than 500 acres of rolling countryside and verdant woodland. Surrounded by tranquil meadows, the front nine holes of the course offer a gentle experience while the back nine challenge experienced players with their rugged woodsy setting. The course’s parkland setting includes a winding stream, seven lakes, ancient trees, fairy fort, wishing well, wild garlic and wildlife.
The course begins with a gentle par four, but the remaining holes challenge all aspects of play. Although bunkers are not numerous, they are strategically placed and generally large and flat. Aesthetically natural, the bunkers reflect the estate’s overall feel. The immaculately groomed greens feature allow for a variety of pin positions for the enjoyment of all skill levels. Contours are interesting but sensible.
The par-73 course has yet to name a signature hole, but possibilities include the second, 10 th , 15th or 16th. The second hole is a long par, while the 14th is a drivable one, especially with fav ourable wind. The designer's own favourite is the fourth, which requires a slight draw off the tee between two large oaks and opens into a well-guarded green with water behind and to the right. This golf course in Cavan is a long track by any standard, ensuring year-long enjoyment.
The Course DesignerJeff Howes is one of Europe’s leading golf architects, having worked with Jack Nicklaus, Seve Ballesteros and Retief Goosen. As a senior member of the European Institute of Golf Course Architects (EIGCA), Jeff has more than 25 years experience in golf course design. Before establishing Jeff Howes Golf Design in 1991, he worked with five different golf course architects, including Jack Nicklaus and Robert Trent Jones, Senior, gleaning greater understanding from their varied approaches, standards and philosophies.
- Par: 72
- Length: 6,442 m / 7,047 yd
- Reduced green fees for hotel guests
- Standard green fee: from EUR 30 per round Sunday to Friday, Saturday EUR 40 per round
- Hotel resident fee: from EUR 25 per round Sunday to Friday, Saturday EUR 35 per round
- Groups (12+): from EUR 20 per round Sunday to Friday, Saturday EUR 30 per round
Buggy Special Offer
- Four balls and two buggies for EUR 140 (available Sunday to Friday)
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Adjacent to the first tee is a practice putting green, warm-up practice nets and a short-game practice area with green and bunker.
- All golfers must check in at stater’s hut before play; please arrive at the first tee at least 10 minutes before tee off.
- Buggies are available for hire and must be booked in advance.
- Please do not drive buggies on the golf course; tarmac paths are provided throughout the course.
- Mobile phones are not allowed on the course.
- Only soft spikes may be worn.
- Tee times may be cancelled without charge up to one week prior to the date of play.
- Half of the full green fee is due for tee times cancelled within seven days of the date of play.
- A credit card is required to hold a tee time.
Advanced booking is required. Call now:Tel: +049 437 7700
A credit card is required to hold a tee time. Green fees must be paid at hotel reception before proceeding to the first tee.
Group Day Rates
Group Residential Rates
Golf Tariffs 2014
Cavan Golf Pass
Special accommodation rates of EUR 55 per person sharing are available to Cavan Golf Pass holders (Sun - Thu only).
For more information or to purchase a pass:Tel: +049 437 7700