CAVAN HOTEL'S BEAUTIFUL GOLF COURSE WAS DESIGNED BY JEFF HOWES
The Farnham Estate’s golf course was designed by leading European course architect Jeff Howes, who created 18 beautiful holes amidst the over 500 acres of rolling countryside and lush woodland. The front 9 are set in the meadow area of the estate grounds, giving golfers a laid-back experience that warms them up for the back 9, a more challenging set of holes set in the wooded portion of the estate. Throughout the course, players can see a winding stream, 7 lakes, ancient trees, a fairy fort, a wishing well and plenty of wildlife.
The course begins with a generous par 4 and then becomes more challenging. Although bunkers are few, they are strategically placed and generally large and flat. Kept natural, the bunkers reflect the estate’s overall feel. The immaculately groomed greens allow for a variety of pin positions to accommodate any skill level. Contours are interesting but sensible.
The par-72 course has yet to name a signature hole, but possibilities include the 2nd, 4th, 10th, 14th, 15th or 16th. The 2nd hole is a long par, while the 14th is a drivable one, especially with favourable wind. The designer's favourite hole is the 4th, which requires a slight draw off the tee between 2 large oaks and opens into a well-guarded green with water behind and to the right. This golf course in Cavan is a long track by any standard, so we provide buggy paths throughout and buggies for hire.
The Course DesignerJeff Howes is one of Europe’s leading golf architects and has worked with Robert Trent Jones Sr, Jack Nicklaus, Seve Ballesteros, Retief Goosen and others to design courses throughout the world. As a senior member of the European Institute of Golf Course Architects (EIGCA), Jeff has more than 25 years of experience in golf course design. He established the Jeff Howes Golf Design company in 1991, using the knowledge he has gleaned over the years from working with the greatest golf players and course designers to create his own mark on the storied history of golf.
- Par: 72
- Length: 6,442 m / 7,047 yd
- Reduced green fees for hotel guests
- Standard green fee: from EUR 30 per round Sunday to Friday; EUR 40 per round Saturday
- Hotel resident fee: from EUR 25 per round Sunday to Friday; EUR 35 per round Saturday
- Group (12+) fee: from EUR 20 per round Sunday to Friday; EUR 30 per round Saturday
- Wednesday Singles fee: EUR 20 per person
- Thursday Seniors fee: EUR 25 per person including a golf buggy
New Membership Packages
7-Day Unlimited Golf Membership for EUR 800
- 4 green fee vouchers and 4 non-transferable buggy vouchers
- Golf all year with no restrictions
- Includes GUI and insurance
7-Day Flexible Golf Membership for EUR 200
- Credit-based membership with yearly membership at Farnham Estate
- Full use of practice facilities
- Minimum purchase of 200 credits applies
Buggy Special Offer
- 4 balls and 2 buggies for EUR 140 (available Sunday to Friday)
- All rates are subject to availability.
- Advanced booking is necessary, and a credit card is required to book a tee time.
- Green fees must be paid at the hotel reception before proceeding to the first tee.
- Adjacent to the first tee is a practice putting green, warm-up practice nets and a short-game practice area with green and bunker.
- All golfers must check in at the starter’s hut before play; please arrive at the first tee at least 10 minutes before tee-off.
- Buggies are available for hire for EUR 25 per day and are subject to availability.
- Please do not drive buggies on the golf course; tarmac paths are provided throughout the course.
- Mobile phones are not allowed on the course.
- Only soft spikes may be worn.
- Tee times may be cancelled without charge up to 1 week prior to the date of play.
- Half of the full green fee is due for tee times cancelled within 7 days of the date of play.