Let’s take responsibility
Green Key Certification
We are proud to announce that the Radisson Blu Hotel Abu Dhabi Yas Island has further affirmed its commitment to Responsible Business by earning the Green Key certification. The Radisson Hotel Group is the first international hotel group to achieve full Green Key certification across its UAE holdings. The Green Key® is a global eco-label for the leisure industry. To gain Green Key certification, a hotel must meet a wide range of environmental standards, including environmental demands as well as demands on policy, availability of action plans, education and communication. Obtaining the Green Key illustrates the high level of responsibility an organization shows to its environment and community.
Responsible Business activities benefit environment and local communityTaking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include
- Most hotel areas use energy-saving bulbs or LEDs along with dimmer systems.
- The entire building, including guest corridors and public restrooms, has motion sensors controlled with timers and BMS.
- The hotel participates annually in Go Green Earth Hour.
- The hotel seeks to plant 100 mangrove trees every year in the Abu Dhabi archipelago.
- The hotel promotes a large area of landscaping to support the environment, and drip irrigation is used to water the plants.
- Waste is collected through a central recycling system (ENVAC).
- Water is treated at a local treatment plant and recycled, and LTS is used for irrigation.
- Hotel staff supports blood donation and breast cancer awareness campaigns.
- Kids from special needs schools are invited to the hotel.
- The hotel takes part in an annual drive to collect boxes of much-needed items for laborers at camps across Abu Dhabi.
- The hotel implements Fire Life Safety (FLS) training and other measures as per regulation.
- The hotel is working toward Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) certification.
- The hotel promotes annual staff medical check-ups.
- All hotel staff undergoes Living Responsible Business training.
- First aid training is provided to nominated individuals from each department.
- Staff receives mandatory FLS training.
- Donating blood
- Participating in hotel fund-raisers
- Placing used towels on the rack to save water from unneeded laundering