The Radisson Blu Hotel in Addis Ababa is ideally located in the city's iconic Kazanchis Business District, within a 500-meter radius from the National Palace, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the United Nations Compound and a number of government offices. Nearby, you will find popular attractions including the National Museum and Holy Trinity Cathedral. In addition, the hotel is just 6 kilometers away from Bole International Airport.
Public transportIt is increasingly common that the streets in Addis Ababa have names, but many of them still have not, so the best way to navigate the city is by using the landmarks. Getting around is easy with the light trail transportation system, which opened in 2015. There are two lines, one going between east-west and one between north-south. The trams operate frequently 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and the tickets are cheap and can be bought at orange-colored kiosks near the stations. You can also hail a white minibus alongside the road or find a yellow or green taxi outside the hotel.
Nearby places of interest
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Ethiopia is one of the oldest civilizations in the world and has for many years enjoyed varied relations with the outside world.
- Piazza – Picturesque neighborhood, located in the heart of the city
- Red Terror Martyrs' Memorial Museum – Museum dedicated to the victims of the Red Terror under the Derg regime.
- Shiro Meda – Local market and true paradise for buying traditional clothes.
- United Nations Economic Commission for Africa – Established in 1958 to encourage economic cooperation among the members of the United Nations.