Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
RB activities and achievements include
- Cleaning the environment at Isik Mountain
- Collecting stationery for a school in Batman (Eastern Turkey)
- Donating blood in cooperation with the Turkish Red Crescent Society
- Giving a seminar about the damage of smoking for staff and hotel guests
- Investing in the EU's Pro Matic natural gas device to decrease our hotel carbon footprint
- Raising organic produce in our garden
- Reading books to blind people
- Training housekeeping staff to separate wastes
- Training the kitchen and the meeting and events staff on ways to reduce food waste
- Training staff to use a defibrillator
Green Key Eco-LabelRadisson Blu Hotel, Ankara has been certified with the Green Key eco-label since March 2012. Green Key is a specialized eco-label for hotels and tourism facilities that promotes sustainable tourism. Green Key is presently the largest global eco-label for accommodation with over 1,800 awarded establishments in 29 countries worldwide.
GreenStar CertificationThe award of Environmentally Friendly Establishment by GreenStar® is given to sustainable tourism accommodation facilities by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Turkey since 1993 to improve the development of environmental awareness and protection of the environment. Radisson Blu Hotel, Ankara meets the standards of the Tourism Ministry, and we have been awarded this certificate.
To serve as an environmentally friendly hotel, we separate glass, plastic and paper, and we train our staff about energy and water consumption. We have also implemented a towel program in our guest rooms, and we collect batteries for recycling.