Responsible Business – Let’s take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities include:
- Collecting funds for orphaned children, including an annual charity ball
- Energy-saving practices throughout the hotel
- Staff training on implementing the RB philosophy
- Radisson Astana Hotel is the only hotel in Kazakhstan that has the Safe Hotels security certificate.
- Radisson Astana Hotel also takes an active part in various social actions aimed at improving the situation in the society, as well as working conditions for our employees.
- The Radisson Astana Hotel annually hosts a charity Christmas fair