Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carslon Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB).
Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements. The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
The hotel shall work together with property owners to find innovative solutions that satisfy mutual economic, environmental and social objectives.
This hotel's RB activities and achievements include:
- Earned Green Key eco-label
- Installed energy efficient light bulbs
- Participates in Earth Hour every March
- Plants trees annually along with business partners
- Purchases local and organic products when possible and healthy menu
- Recycles aluminum cans, bottles, paper,batteries, wood and residual oil coffee capsules.
- Reduced hotel’s energy consumption by 25% in 5 years through the group-wide project Think Planet
- Uses only eco-labeled stationery, brochures and other paper products
- Filter water to the events and meetings
- The hotel shall do its best to improve its performance in the areas of energy, water, chemicals and resource consumption and waste generation in order to reduce the hotel's negative impact on the environment
- The hotel shall work together with property owners to find innovative solutions that satisfy mutual economic, environmental and social objectives
Social and community outreach:
- Donates clothes to shelters or orphanages
- Donates sheets, towels and televisions to several foundations
- Regularly organizes visits and lunches for kids with disabilities
- Supports Greek Foundations
Health & safety:
- Monitors public areas with closed-circuit cameras
- Offers majority non-smoking guest rooms
- Provides staff with training in use of the hotel’s automated external defibrillator, firefighting, safety, security, food safety and RB practice
How can guests help?
- Contact the RB coordinator to participate in RB activities advertised on hotel
- Remove keycard from the room switch when leaving, and keep windows closed when air-conditioning is on
- Reuse towels and sheets
- Support the World Childhood Foundation by contributing to the front counter donation box and buying charity products from the hotel shop at Easter, Christmas and New Year’s Eve
- Use waste recycling bins in the lobby
The Radisson Blu Park Hotel, Athens:
- is certified ISO 22000
- has Green Key Certificate