Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety. That commitment continues with Responsible Business at this green hotel in County Westmeath.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation of the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the World Childhood Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Following are some of the Responsible Business activities and achievements of this green hotel in County Westmeath:
- Clean up of the Loughloe House Day Care Centre
- Climb of Croagh Patrick in Westport to clean the mountain in a joint effort with staff from the Radisson Blu Hotel, Galway and Radisson Blu Hotel, Sligo
- Dinner Dance that raised more than EUR 75,000 to aid in Asian disaster relief
- Donations and sponsorship to Cancer Care West
- Donations to St. Hilda's Primary School from carol singing and charity fundraisers
- In-house meetings at a reduced cost for Disability Awareness
- Irish Guide Dogs
- Quarterly collections for the Simon Community, St. Vincent de Paul