Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of Carlson Rezidor's broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotel is engaged with both local charity groups and Carlson Rezidor's corporate international charity organization, the World Childhood Foundation, founded by H.M. Queen Silvia of Sweden, whose mission is to defend the rights of children and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Our RB activities and achievements include:
- Active waste recycling system (glass, paper, plastic, organic waste and more)
- Changing towels only upon guests’ request
- Choosing regional suppliers who are ISO 14001-certified, fulfill ecological requirements and use regional products
- Collecting wine and champagne corks from the restaurant and returning them to local manufacturers for reuse as floor tiles, memo boards and more
- Fundraising every September during Responsible Business Action Month for the World Childhood Foundation or local charities
- Guest room toilets with a water-saving stop button and public toilets with motion sensors
- Heat-absorbing glass in all windows for optimal temperature adjustment
- Motion detectors throughout the premises
- Non-smoking work environment
- Staff training on Rezidor’s RB philosophy, on emergency response and annually in first aid
- Switching off of lamps and computer screens by departing employees
- Use of eco-friendly materials and energy-efficient hardware by our audiovisual partner, KFP
- Use of low-consumption light bulbs throughout the property