Responsible Business - Let’s take responsibility
Hotel practices Responsible Business
The Responsible Business (RB) program was introduced in 2001 to expand an environmental program in place since the mid-1990s. RB’s areas of focus are taking responsibility for the health and safety of employees and customers, respecting social and ethical issues in the company and community and reducing negative impacts on the environment.
General RB practices include: working together with property owners to find innovative solutions that satisfy economic, environmental and social objectives; providing suppliers and investors with timely, accurate and transparent information on RB-related risks and opportunities; striving to purchase products that have reduced environmental impact; requiring managers to abide by local and international legislation, especially regarding labor laws, health and safety, human rights and the environment; taking an active role in the international responsible business community, and contributing to the local communities; and improving the hotel’s performance in the areas of energy, water, chemicals and resource consumption and waste generation in order to reduce negative impacts on the environment.
The Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is also proud to have had the World Childhood Foundation as its international charity organization since May 2007. This non-profit organization is dedicated to serving the most vulnerable children in the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel
- Donation boxes at reception for the Red Cross Society
- Employee participation in local charity and fundraising events
- Toy donation box in the hotel lobby decorated with a gingerbread house made by children from an orphanage
- Participation in World Cleanup Day by picking up garbage found through a waste map
- A visit to the orphanage house each month to take food and other necessary items and to spend time with the children
Code of Business Ethics
- We are committed to high standards of honesty and integrity in line with the Responsible Business program.
- We respect the law.
- We show respect for all persons in all situations.
- We think ethically.
- We act fairly.
- We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason.
- We are honest and transparent.
- We are loyal to our employer.
- We do not exploit the company’s resources.
- We think of safety at all times.
- We take care of the Earth.