HOTEL PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
The Radisson Hotel Group is committed to taking responsibility for sustainable development in the environment and local community. In 2001, we strengthened this commitment by joining (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
Our hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the international corporate charity organisation supported by the Radisson Hotel Group. The foundation’s mission is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Responsible Business has always been a focus point for the Radisson Blu Hotel, Beirut Verdun team, which runs several activities throughout the year to support and raise interest in environmental and community issues.
- Fitted all guest hand-wash areas with sensors to reduce water use
- Fitted all guest toilets with dual flush systems
- Participate annually in Earth Hour
- Purchase eco-labeled products and locally sourced water
- Recycle paper
- 100% of the hotel lights are LED
- Organize annual blood donation and clothing donation campaigns
- Provide rooms with wheelchair-accessible restrooms and modified doors for handicapped guests
- Conducts monthly RB committee and staff welfare meetings
- Facilitate fire evacuation drills for all staff members as per civil-defense directives
- Provide ongoing on-the-job training for all staff members
- Provide staff with training on food hygiene, first aid and fire safety
- Blood donation campaign where we organise and encourage guests to take part in a blood donation campaign once a year