Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children's rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
Rezidor Hotels have an important responsibility as corporate citizens of its local communities. They undertake this responsibility by contributing to fundraising and organizing community actions. Our Global fundraising partners are Just a Drop and Youth Career Initiative organizations.
- Partnership with Fair trade Lebanon
- Adopting two Cedar trees in Barouk Reserve
- Participating in water light activities
- Implementing Blu Planet meetings
- Green Key certified
- Providing 100 meals each month to needed people in collaboration with Lebanese Foodbank
- Implementing Blu towel program and Fundraising for “Just a Drop”
- Dietician visiting the staff once per month
- Healthy menu in the staff canteen
- Training on Ergonomics (fitting the workplace to the worker)
Green Key is an eco-label for tourism and leisure establishments and is awarded to establishments that fulfill a list of environmental and social requirements. Obtaining Green Key demonstrates the establishments’ efforts to develop an environmentally friendly, sustainable and responsible business.