Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
BELFAST HOTEL PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety. For example, this hotel has chosen not to provide TV channels with adult movies.
Hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel
- Distributes unclaimed lost items to local charities, such as eyeglasses to Age Concern, ink cartridges to Help the Aged, batteries to Atlas Environment, clothes to Ulster Cancer Research, and books and electronics to Oxfam
- Donates phone books to Belfast Schools Project
- Donates guest toiletries and supplies to a local men’s shelter
- Hosted charity lunches for Marie Curie, breast cancer, Northern Ireland Children's Hospice and SPEAC
- Joined with a local taxi company to host a Golf Day for SPEAC
Environmental efforts include
- Implementing a preventive maintenance programme
- Installing low-energy mini bars
- Purchasing supplies in bulk to reduce packaging waste
- Recording and monitoring gas, electricity, water and waste
- Using low-energy light bulbs in rooms and corridors