THIS HOTEL PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of Rezidor's broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
RB activities and achievements
- Awarded the Green Key, an international eco-label
- Recycled fish sculpture as a symbol of sustainability: Using plastic hotel rubbish, Berlin artist Gerhard Baer created a 1,50-m-long piece of art, which is now displayed in the hotel lobby.
- Sale of waffles, popcorn and sausages in support of the World Childhood Foundation
- Easter egg painting with the hotel's godchildren from Neuland e.V.
- Attendance of the International Day Against Homophobia and support of the Alliance
- Against Homophobia during their demonstration “Thousand Hands for the Rainbow”
- Organization of a flea market in support of the World Childhood Foundation
- Participation in Soap the City project in collaboration with the organization Serve the City Berlin
- Ice-cream sales in support of the charity Kinderlaecheln e.V.
- Participation in the Life Run in support of the Berliner Aids-Hilfe e.V. to support people with HIV
- Organization of blood donation day at the hotel in collaboration with the organization Dt. Rotes Kreuz
- Support of the Berlin project “Lecker und Fit” (Delicious & Fit), where students are informed about healthy and sustainable nutrition by hotel chefs and learn an appreciation for fresh groceries
- Participation in World Clean-Up Day with rubbish collection around the hotel
- Energy saving measures: installation of an induction cooking field in the main kitchen, switching the outdoor logo lighting to LED, exchange of the cold and heat pumps to energy-saving Stratos pumps