Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include
- A key card system to activate room lighting
- Cardboard, glass, plastic and paper recycling programs implemented each year
- Green Key certification
- Initiative to reduce water usage by giving guests the choice to reuse their towels
- Placement of water reducers in room sinks
- Staff thoroughly trained in Responsible Business practices