SHOPPING, SIGHTS AND DAYS OUT IN THE AREA
With a convenient city centre location, our Radisson Blu Hotel in Birmingham places you near a wide selection of shopping opportunities, business destinations and historic landmarks.
Browse big-name department stores and brands at the Bullring, or explore designer shops at the Mailbox, both just a short walk away. As the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution, Birmingham is also home to fun sites such as the Cadbury World and the Thinktank science museum. For a day trip outside the city, head to the beautiful Cotswolds countryside or the famed Stratford-upon-Avon, birthplace of William Shakespeare.
- Birmingham Hippodrome - 400 m. Home of the Birmingham Royal Ballet, this handsome theatre offers a diverse programme of opera, dance, theatre, comedy and musicals.
- Mailbox - 500 m. Luxury shopping, restaurants, bars and other services fill this stylishly redeveloped former mail sorting office.
- John Lewis - 500 m. A vast branch of the popular British department store, spreading out over 170,000 square feet.
- Bullring - 600 m. Shop all your favourite brands at this distinctive-looking shopping centre, which includes a branch of Selfridges covered in shiny aluminium discs.
- International Convention Centre - 1.3 km. One of Europe's leading conference centres, the ICC has an overall capacity of 8,000 delegates and includes the stunning Symphony Hall.
- Barclaycard Arena - 1.4 km. Formerly known as the National Indoor Arena, this popular venue hosts a variety of concerts, sports, conferences, exhibitions and other entertainment.
- Brindleyplace - 1.7 km. This lively canal-side development is packed with exciting restaurants, galleries, theatre and other attractions.
- National SEA LIFE Centre - 1.8 km. Meet the fish, sharks, sea turtles, penguins and more that reside at this aquarium and conservation centre.
- Jewellery Quarter - 2.8 km. Shop for fine jewellery and explore the rich history of this area, which has long been the UK's most important jewellery making centre.
- Thinktank - 3.7 km. Make learning fun at this highly interactive science museum, with hands-on exhibits for all ages, a Science Garden and Planetarium.
- Cadbury World - 7 km. Learn about the history of chocolate and how popular Cadbury products are made at this multimedia, interactive exhibition.
- National Exhibition Centre - 14.4 km. As the UK's largest exhibition centre, the NEC hosts many major exhibitions throughout the year, including Crufts Dog Show and the BBC Good Food Show.
- Cotswolds countryside - 60 km. Explore rolling green hills and quaint villages full of thatch-roofed cottages on a day trip to this designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Stratford-upon-Avon - 63.1 km. This charming historic market town on the banks of the River Avon is best known as the birthplace of William Shakespeare