THEATRES IN BRISTOL
CATCH A PERFORMANCE IN THE HEART OF BRISTOL
Bristol’s theatre and performing arts scene is highly rated with plenty of shows to choose from. Whether you’re after theatre, opera, dance, pantomimes or comedians you’re bound to find something that suits your interests or expands them. The city’s best theatres are all within walking distance of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol.
What to experience at The Bristol Hippodrome TheatreThe Bristol Hippodrome Theatre has been providing locals and tourists with a diverse range of entertainment, including family-friendly pantomimes for over a century. From comedy to opera, the theatre hosts a wide variety of shows, along with interactive children's shows performed at the venue throughout the year.
- The Bristol Hippodrome has ensured its place on the touring circuit for West end and Broadway productions.
- Families can enjoy pantomimes at Christmas
- This Victorian era theatre has one of the largest stages outside London
- A quick 5-minute walk from the hotel
- Ticket prices and operating hours vary by performance
What’s on at Bristol Old Vic TheatreBuilt in 1766, Bristol Old Vic Theatre is the oldest continuous working theatre in the UK. Home to pioneering original productions and the Bristol Old Vic Young Company, one or the largest regional youth theatres in the UK, Bristol Old Vic is full of delights.
- Currently undergoing a multi-million-pound redevelopment while it’s still open for business – the show must go on! Set to re-launch in Autumn 2018
- Enjoy backstage tours and discover the secrets of the 250-year-old theatre (£12 per person).
- Just a 5-minute walk from the hotel
- Ticket prices and opening hours vary by performance
- Box Office opening hours:
- The Backstage Bar opens 90 minutes before curtain
What to see at Watershed TheatreKnown as a cultural cinema and digital creativity centre in Bristol, the Watershed Theatre produces work that cuts across film, music, theatre, design and visual art, encouraging culture and diversity to flourish. Opened in 1982, it’s declared itself Britain’s First Media Centre.
- Take a break at the café and bar overlooking Bristol’s Harbourside
- Visit the three cinemas, event spaces and the Pervasive Media Studio research space
- Less than a 5-minute walk from the hotel
- The Watershed Theatre is open daily from early morning till late evening
- Café & Bar opening hours:
Saturday: 10:00 – 23:00
Sunday: 10:00 – 22:30
Bank holidays: From 10:00
- The Watershed Box Office opening hours:
Weekends and bank holidays: From 10:00 until late
- The Pervasive Media Studio is open to visitors every Friday 13:00 – 17:00
- Ticket prices vary by performance and age group