Hotel supports Responsible Business practicesTaking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
This hotel's RB activities and achievements include:
- Earned Green Key eco-label
- Installed energy efficient light bulbs
- Participates in Earth Hour every March
- Plants trees annually along with business partners
- Purchases local and organic products when possible
- Recycles aluminum cans, bottles, paper, wood and residual oil
- Reduced hotel’s energy consumption by 25% in 5 years through the group-wide project Think Planet
- Uses only eco-labeled stationery, brochures and other paper products
Social and community outreach
- Annually supports the Terry Fox Run fundraising campaign
- Donates clothes to shelters or orphanages
- Donates sheets, towels and televisions to several foundations
- Partners with World Clean Up
- Regularly organizes visits and lunches for kids with disabilities
- Supports the Youth Career Initiative Foundation and focuses on hiring young people from shelters or disadvantaged families
Health & safety
- Monitors public areas with closed-circuit cameras
- Offers majority non-smoking guest rooms
- Provides staff with training in use of the hotel’s automated external defibrillator, firefighting, safety, security, food safety and RB practices
How can guests help?
- Contact the concierge or RB coordinator to participate in RB activities advertised on hotel screens.
- Remove keycard from the room switch when leaving, and keep windows closed when air-conditioning is on.
- Reuse towels and sheets.
- Use waste recycling bins in the lobby near guest elevators.
The Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest is certified ISO 22000:2005.