Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
HOTEL PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
Radisson Hotel Group properties are engaged with both local charity groups and the international charity organization supported by the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited, at-risk children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include
- The hotel organizes a twice-yearly clothing exchange in which staff bring in outgrown children's clothing, which is cleaned by the hotel's laundry service and then exchanged among employees.
- Blood donation happens 4 times a year.
- The hotel increased the number of employees with Responsible Business training to 100%.
- The hotel invited primary school children to draw their dreams of a hotel, which were exhibited on the 1st floor.
- The hotel supports the In Hope of Recovery Foundation by providing complimentary rooms to children and families, donating volunteer hours and furniture, fundraising and performing a clothes exchange for the foundation’s new home, which prepares blind youth for independent living.
- The hotel team supports the annual “I Love Budapest” campaign by collecting garbage, removing graffiti and cleaning public parks and playgrounds.
- Water-conserving aerators were installed in guest room showerheads and taps, resulting in approximately 30% water conservation.
- With the aid of many Budapest residents, the hotel staff planted pansies in the 200-year-old City Park, resulting in a new Guinness record.