Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Hotel believes in following Responsible Business practices
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel
- The hotel’s chief engineer, with a background in environmental management, implemented an award-winning, replicable, no-cost environmental management programme.
- Cost savings accompanied environmental success: the hotel reduced energy consumption by 28%, water consumption by 10% and carbon emissions by 850 tonnes (the entire staff’s annual carbon footprint) and began recycling almost 75% of its waste.
- Energy-awareness posters are placed in staff areas.
- Employees participate in introductory and ongoing RB training, donate clothing to a local charity and annually weed, garden and collect litter at a local housing estate and primary school.
- Guest awareness is improved through wallet inserts, posters, display of the Environmental Social Policy in all guest rooms and a towel and linen re-use programme.
- The hotel blog, featured in TravelMole and Green Hospitality Award newsletters, discusses how any organisation can reduce environmental impacts and operating costs at the same time.
- The hotel’s annual Introduction to Environmental Management class for local hotel management students ensures continuity of knowledge.
Environmental awards and commendationsThe Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork has been recognised for its environmental efforts by organisations like the Sustainable Energy Authority Ireland, Irish Hospitality Institute, Chambers Ireland, Green Awards, Greenme.ie and European Hospitality Awards.
- Gold Medal Award (2008, 2009, 2011)
- Environmental Hospitality Manager of the Year for chief engineer Andrew Mullen, IHI Awards (2011)
- Environmental Manager of the Year, finalist (2009)
- Best Practice Award, Rezidor Group (2008)
- Energy Management Award (2008)