Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- Blood to the Senegalese National Center for transfusion
- Food to Children's Village SOS, an organization helping poor children living in secluded villages in Senegal
- Medicine to children's hospitals and prisons
- Milk, toys, clothes and equipment to local nurseries, orphanages and child support organizations
- Mosquito nets to suffering areas in Senegal before rain and paludism season
- Various health programs to support and educate hotel staff members and local population on AIDS and sexual tourism
- Cleaning of beaches in Dakar
- "Christmas for All" campaign to help poor families
- Entertainment for children in Dakar hospitals
- Participation in annual "Dakar’Elles" cross for supporting women’s conditions in Africa