RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS – LET’S TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety. The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
RB ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Collecting school supplies for a school in Diyarbakir (eastern Turkey)
- In cooperation with the Turkish Red Crescent blood donation
- Seminar on smoking damages for personnel and hotel customers
- Information training to reduce carbon footprint of our hotels
- The cultivation of organic products in our garden
- Training for floor service personnel on waste separation
- Training for kitchen and meeting and event staff to reduce Food Waste
- Using defibrator training for staff