Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children's rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements.
Our hotel strives to reduce energy and water consumption and minimize waste. These eco-friendly actions are supported by an exciting training program for all our employees: we also warmly invite our guests to participate in our Responsible Business activities. See below for a complete list of activities and achievements of our hotel;
- A comprehensive Responsible Business program exists, together with a dedicated team, to monitor and manage waste.
- All guest rooms, public areas and staff areas at the hotel are fitted with water restrictors or aerators to avoid water wastage
- The hotel has energy efficient LED lighting system in all the guest and staff areas.
- A dedicated green garden is located in staff quarters to encourage tree planting and establish a greener environment.
- The hotel celebrates Earth Hour on an annual basis with guests and staff.
- The hotel has partnered up with Green Brokerage for Oil W.L.L for waste cooking oil recycling program.
Social and Community Outreach
- The hotel conducts a blood donation campaign each year in association with Hamad Medical Corporation.
- The hotel partners up each year with the local charity for donating the used linen, towels and bed sheets for the less fortunate.
- The hotel staff donates clothes to the less fortunate through local charity organizations each year.
Health & Safety
- A comprehensive and fully sponsored medical check-up program is available for all staff members with 2 full-time Health Coordinators.
- Comprehensive Fire & Life Safety Measures like First Aid, CPR and AED are reinforced through refresher training each year for the staff.
- The hotel has received the Safehotels executive level certificate.
- The hotel staff takes part in National Sports Day each year.
- The hotel has earned the Comprehensive HACCP Certification.
- All of the 1000+ staff members have undergone the dedicated Living Responsible Business Program, which educates about the company's Corporate Social Responsibility Program, as well as how staff can contribute.
- Leading Responsible Business training program for the Managers and Supervisors.
- Ongoing refresher training through the On Job Skills Training Program targets waste management and energy conservation.
Awards and Achievements
- The hotel received Appreciation Award from Filipino NGO , HERO for our donation drive to aid in the relief operations for the typhoon victims.
- The hotel received Appreciation certificate from Hamad Medical corporation for the ongoing Blood donation drive.
- The hotel received thank you note from American School of Doha for donating toiletries to assist in their project to help the less fortunate.
- The hotel received thank you note from Sri Lanka Coordinating Committee SLCC for clothes donation to assist the victims of the fire break out.
How guests can help
- Earth Hour - guests can participate by turning off non-essential lights in their rooms during their hotel stay which will contribute toward energy saving
- The Towel Replacement Program - should guests wish to reuse a towel, simply place it on the rack, which helps reduce water consumption.