THE HOTEL IS GOING THROUGH AN EXCITING UPDATE DESIGNED TO ENSURE ALL OUR STUNNING SPACES TRULY REFLECT BLU'S ICONIC STYLE AND SOPHISTICATION. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY DISTURBANCE CAUSED DURING THIS TIME.
Responsible Business – Let’s take responsibility
DUBAI LODGING TAKES A GREEN APPROACH TO BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children's rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the international charity organization recognized by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotelEnvironment
- A comprehensive program exists, together with a dedicated team, to monitor and manage waste.
- All guest rooms, public areas and staff areas at the hotel are fitted with water restrictors and/or sensor systems to avoid waste.
- All lighting areas are fitted with motion detectors, photo-cells and/or timers.
- A dedicated green garden is located in staff quarters to encourage tree planting and establish a greener environment.
- The hotel participates with the Dubai Municipality in its annual Marasina Clean-up Campaign.
- The hotel celebrates Earth Hour on an annual basis with guests and staff.
- Staff members donate blood each quarter in aid of Al Wasel and Rashid Hospitals' Children's Section.
- Staff members participate annually in the BurJuman Breast Cancer Awareness Program.
- The hotel hosts an annual gingerbread house event during the festive season with all revenue from the event donated to a local children's charity organization.
- The hotel participates each year in the Dubai Terry Fox Run, to promote cancer awareness.
- The hotel staff arranges various internal activities to collect donations for the charity partner organization of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation.
- A comprehensive and fully sponsored medical check-up program is available for all staff members.
- Comprehensive fire and life safety measures are reinforced through the dedicated FLS Team.
- Food For Thought program is available in all restaurants, enabling guests to have a wide choice of healthy food items.
- The hotel has earned the Comprehensive HACCP Certification.
- All 650+ staff members have undergone the dedicated Living Responsible Business Program, which educates about the company's Corporate Social Responsibility Program, as well as how staff can contribute.
- Ongoing refresher training through the On Job Skills Training Program targets waste management and energy conservation.
- Continuous improvements encourage a greener living and working environment.
- Staff members take part in the hotel's ongoing recycling program.
- The Appreciation Award was bestowed by the Dubai Municipality to recognize the hotel’s co-sponsoring of the Annual Marasina Clean-up Campaign.
- The hotel received the Appreciation Awards by the Department of Social Affairs for co-sponsoring a special Iftar event for children from less privileged families.
- The Towel Replacement Program — should guests wish to reuse a towel, they simply place it on the rack, helping to reduce water consumption.
- Guests can take part in the hotel's quarterly blood donation program.
- Donations toward the local branch of the Red Crescent are gladly accepted.