DUBAI HOTEL PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health, safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities include:
- Environmentally friendly activities
- Energy-saving light bulbs throughout hotel
- Participation in Annual Earth Hour
- Participation in clean-up campaign
- Recycling bins for paper, glass and cans
- Social and community outreach
- Blood donation drives sponsored by hotel
- Monetary contributions to the World Childhood Foundation
- Participation in Charity Ramadan Iftar for orphans and underprivileged children
- Staff involvement •Living Responsible Business training for all staff
- First aid training provided to staff
- Participation by staff members in blood donation campaigns
- Clothes donations by hotel staff
- On-going recycling projects
Guests can join in the hotel's RB activities by electing to participate in the towel and linen replacement programs.