Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
THIS HOTEL PRACTISES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotel is engaged with both local charity groups and Rezidor's corporate international charity organisation, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Sample of this hotel's RB activities and achievements
- Bird boxes around hotel grounds
- CHP system
- Electric car-charging post
- Fair-trade coffee and tea in guest rooms, fair-trade wine and vegetarian menu options
- Information on public transport and cycling routes for staff and guests; information on car-free activities including local cultural and nature-related attractions, events and festivals
- Low-energy lighting usage when possible, including controlled lighting in back-of-house areas
- RB training for all staff
- Recording and monitoring consumption of gas, electricity, water and waste
- Recycling of paper and use of recycled refuse sacks
Hundreds of businesses are working to reduce environmental impacts through the Green Tourism Business Scheme and are awarded bronze, silver and gold accreditation for their efforts to be more environmentally responsible. The Radisson Blu Hotel, Durham is proud to have received the Green Tourism Business Scheme's Silver Award.