VISIT THE OFFICIAL SCOTTISH RESIDENCE OF THE BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY
Just a 10-minute walk from Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, Holyrood Palace is located at the foot of the historic Royal Mile and sits on the edge of Holyrood Park, opposite the open greenery of the Arthur’s Seat crags, and next to the Scottish Parliament.
Discover the Scottish royal residence
The current palace was built between 1671 and 1679 in a baroque style and consists of a main courtyard with both a north-west and south-west tower. The palace is used as an official residence when the Queen is visiting Edinburgh to perform traditional duties and attend public engagements.
A visit to Holyrood Palace is fun for the whole family and offers many educational and historical sights.
- Mary Queen of Scot’s living chambers
- The Queens Gallery – opened in 2002 as part of the Golden Jubilee celebrations
- Interactive family audio tour (ideal for kids ages 7-11)
- Dedicated family room space with activities, costumes and games
- Family Garden Trail
Guided tours of the palace’s highlights are included in the ticket price, run regularly throughout the day and are recommended. Make sure to visit the Palace Shop and the Café at the Palace in the Mews Courtyard.
Plan your visit from Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
The Palace of Holyroodhouse is open daily, but it’s a working royal palace and has scheduled closures.
- Winter (1 November – 31 March): 09:30 – 16:30 (Last entry 15:15)
- Summer (1 April – 31 October): 09:30 – 18:00 (Last entry 16:30)
- Adults: £14
- Concessions (60+ Students with valid ID): £12.70
- Under 17/Disabled: £8.10
- Children (Under 5): FREE