National Museum of Scotland
SPEND A DAY EXPLORING EXCITING EXHIBITS
Housing an extensive collection dedicated to the natural world, culture, history, art, geology, science and technology, the National Museum of Scotland truly has something for everyone. Explore everything from ancient dinosaurs to the technology of tomorrow, just a 10-minute walk from Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh City Centre.
What to see and do at the National Museum of Scotland
The museum celebrates the legacy of Scottish inventions and ideas, including world-changing Scottish advancements like the television, the light bulb and Dolly, the first cloned sheep.
This free, family-friendly Edinburgh museum offers activities and workshops in the Learning Centre and often hosts exciting themed events for the family. Many of the exhibits contain hands-on interactive elements, making it the perfect place to explore with young visitors.
You can easily spend a day or more exploring this treasure trove of exciting exhibits.
- Grand Gallery, Discoveries and Window on the World Installation
- Art, Design and Fashion galleries
- Natural World galleries
- Scottish History and Archaeology galleries
- Science and Technology galleries
- World Culture galleries
- 4 special exhibition galleries
Dining at the museum
Take a break and enjoy a meal at one of the delicious restaurants before you continue your journey
- Choose from a selection of home baking or indulge in a larger meal at the Museum Brasserie, open daily from 10:00 – 17:00.
- Unwind with a snack or a cup of tea at the Balcony Café, open daily from 10:00 – 17:00.
- Take in spectacular views of the castle and city skyline at The Tower restaurant, open daily from 10:00 – 23:00)
Plan your visit from Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh City Centre
- Daily: 10:00 – 17:00
- Christmas Day: Closed
- Boxing Day: 12:00 – 17:00
- New Year’s Day: 12:00 – 17:00
- Admission is free, but donations are welcome
- Free guided tours available on first come first serves basis
- Private tours can be booked for an additional fee