The city centre of Edinburgh offers an enticing selection of attractions, like a medieval castle and stunning Gothic architecture just outside the doors of the Radisson Blu.
Nearby attractionsWithin 500 metres of the hotel, you’ll find the Edinburgh Vaults and the National Museum of Scotland. Walk a little further to see the Scott Monument, which resides proudly on Edinburgh’s main shopping thoroughfare, Princes Street. There’s also the 5-star visitor attraction, The Scotch Whisky Experience.
If you are with the family, we recommend the National Museum of Scotland as well the fabulous Edinburgh Zoo or Edinburgh’s Botanic Gardens. These must-see attractions have plenty laid on for children.
- Edinburgh Vaults - 180 m. The city of Edinburgh ifs crammed with grizzly examples of ‘dark tourism’. The terrifying tour of Blair Street Underground Vaults is a great place to start.
- National Museum of Scotland - 500 m. This free museum is a fantastic place to spend a few hours, for children and adults alike.
- The Real Mary King’s Close - 500 m. Explore this warren of hidden streets for a unique experience of seventeenth century Edinburgh.
- The Scotch Whisky Experience - 550 m. Visit this five star attraction whose noble aim is to share the joy of whisky!
- Scott Monument - 600 m. Walk the 287 steps to the top of the Scott Monument for breathtaking views of central Edinburgh and the surrounding countryside.
- Greyfriars Bobby - 650 m. This wee statue of Skye terrier ‘Bobby’ commemorates an Edinburgh story guaranteed to pull at your heartstrings.
- Edinburgh Castle and St. Margaret’s Chapel - 850 m. You can’t visit Edinburgh without a trip to its iconic castle in the centre of the old town. A living monument to Scotland’s military history.
- Scottish Parliament - 900 m. Take a fascinating tour of Scotland’s working parliament in its stylish home since 1999.
- The Palace of Holyroodhouse - 950 m. Visit Holyrood Palace, Queen Elizabeth II’s official residence when she is in Scotland.
- Dynamic Earth science centre and conference venue - 1 km. Dynamic Earth is a visitor attraction that charts the story of Earth through interactive exhibits. The perfect place to take children.
- Edinburgh International Conference Centre - 1.8 km. This purpose built centre is an outstanding venue for conferences and events, with state of the art facilities.
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh - 3.2 km. The stunning gardens were founded in 1670, and its rich living collection of plants is well worth a trip to the city’s north side.
- Royal Yacht Britannia - 5 km. The popular Royal Britannia in Leith Docks is an opportunity to take tea like the Queen aboard her floating royal residence.
- Edinburgh Zoo - 5.6 km. Scotland’s national zoo is set over 82-acres of sloping parkland. Remember to book in advance if you’d like to see the giant pandas!
- Rosslyn Chapel - 12.2 km. Founded in 1146, this beautiful chapel famously featured in Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code.
- Glenkinchie Distillery - 25.7 km. This picturesque distillery is only 30 minutes from Edinburgh. Go and experience a real taste of Scotland.
- St Andrews Links golf - 89.6 km. Quite simply the home of golf.