Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years.
Radisson Hotel Group hotels practice Responsible Business (RB) in the following areas:
- Think Planet: Minimize environmental footprint
- Think People: Prioritize the health and safety of guests and employees
- Think Together: Respect social and ethical issues in the company and community
- Reduction of energy consumption and CO² emissions by installing high-tech foil to the hotel’s windows (savings of 1 million kWh per year)
- Conversion of waste into biogas for energy and heating
- Use of energy-saving light bulbs
- Use of environmentally friendly EcoLab cleaning products
- Participation in the worldwide Earth Hour
- Certification by the Safehotels Alliance AB for excellent healthcare, fire safety, personal safety and security management
- Sprinkler Protected award, given to buildings with exemplary preventive fire protection
- Annual employee health days to support the staff wellbeing
- Mandatory Responsible Business trainings for all employees to create environmental and social awareness
- Cross-trainings and Rezidor business schools to develop employees
- Participation in the Hotelcareer Cup, a football tournament among German hotels
- Blood donation with the German Red Cross
- Clothing donations by employees (in cooperation with AWO Frankfurt)
- Cooperation with the Ernst-Niebergall school in organising a healthy breakfast and a "Christmas in a Box" project.
- Participation in the Green Sauce Festival to support local students
- Participation in the Girls’ and Boys’ Day in Frankfurt to ignite interest in careers normally dominated by one gender
- Cooperation with the Association of paraplegics ARQUE
- Participation in the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge run to collect donations for the World Childhood Foundation
- Participation in the Race for the Cure, a 5K run for breast cancer awareness
- Participation in the Lauf für mehr Zeit (Run for More Time), a 5K run to support AIDS-Hilfe Frankfurt
Responsible environmental management has been a central element of Radisson Blu's commitment to sustainability for many years.
Responsible Business is also a matter close to the heart of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt. For example, the hotel provides charging stations for vehicles. Everything in the sense of responsible and conscious driving, the costs are even included in the overnight package.
Radisson Blu and E.ON Sign Partnership for Low-Emission HotelNow, however, one step further was taken. Together with E.ON, Radisson Blu wants to set new standards in terms of sustainability within the hotel industry. Thanks to a highly innovative decentralized solution, the Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt will generate clean energy itself in the future. For this purpose, E.ON built a fuel cell that has a decisive advantage over conventional power generation systems: virtually no pollutants such as nitrogen or fine dust are produced during the combustion-free process, which generates electricity and heat. By deploying fuel cell technology, a unique project in Europe, the Radisson Blu Hotel can generate the majority of the energy needed for hotel operations.