VISIT CULTURAL ATTRACTIONS IN FREETOWN CITY CENTER
With the city center a mere 10 kilometers from the hotel, guest can easily explore the highlights of central Freetown. Visit Freetown’s fabled landmark, the colossal Cotton Tree and then step over to the National Museum to tour exhibits on national history. Explore Freetown’s bustling marketplaces, visit West Africa’s oldest university, Fourah Bay College, or try one of the relaxing activities below.
In addition to Lumley Beach right by the hotel, you can check out the other scenic beaches dotting Sierra Leone’s coastline. The most noted beaches include Lakka, Hamilton, Sussex, No. 2 River, Tokeh, Bureh Town, Black Johnson, Kent, York and Mama.
Catch your own crab and lobster with the help of local fishermen in the popular fishing villages at Aberdeen, Lumley Beach and Goderich.
The abundant waterways of Sierra Leone provide a memorable and beautiful way to explore the country. Tour the coastline with its numerous small bays with an organized excursion by Aqua Sports Club, about 4 kilometers from the hotel, or take a tour with a local guide in a dugout canoe.
- Sport fishing - from beachfront
- Casino and nightclub - 200 m
- 18-hole golf course - 2 km
- Sierra Leone Museum - 11.1 km
- The Cotton Tree - 11.2 km
- St. John's Maroon Church - 13.5 km
- St. George's Cathedral - 14.1 km
- Big Market - 14.2 km
- Tacaguma chimpanzee sanctuary (Regent Village) - 15.4 km
- National Railway Museum - 17.1 km
- Bunce Island (colonial-era slaving center) - 86 km
- Charlotte Falls - 1 hr 45 min drive
- Banana and Turtle Islands natural wetlands (excursions with tour guides available)