City center attractions lie near hotel in Freetown
Only 10 kilometers away, the city center invites hotel guests to explore Freetown attractions like Cotton Tree and the National Museum. Discover the vibrant markets or embark on a seaside excursion along the coast. West Africa’s oldest university, Fourah Bay College, also lies nearby.
Sierra Leone showcases a beautiful coastline filled with picturesque beaches. Visit Lakka, Hamilton, Sussex, No. 2 River, Tokeh, Bureh Town, Black Johnson, Kent, York and Mama.
Local fishermen can help guests catch crab and lobster from the Atlantic in popular fishing villages like Aberdeen, Lumley Beach and Goderich.
Boating offers travelers the chance to explore the coast and gain a new perspective on Sierra Leone. An abundance of small bays provide natural beauty for visitors to discover. Some locals offer tours in dugout canoes, and Aqua Sports Club, about 4 kilometers away, provides organized excursions.
Enjoy bird watching at Lake Sonon, located in the northern region of the Koinadugu District. The lake provides a home for a variety of species that visitors can view and photograph.
- Sport fishing - from beach front
- Casino and nightclub - 200 m
- 18-hole golf course - 2 km
- Sierra Leone Museum - 11.1 km
- The Cotton Tree - 11.2 km
- St. John's Maroon Church - 13.5 km
- St. George's Cathedral - 14.1 km
- Big Market - 14.2 km
- Tacaguma chimpanzee sanctuary (Regent Village) - 15.4 km
- National Railway Museum - 17.1 km
- Bunce Island (colonial-era slaving center) - 86 km
- Charlotte Falls
- Banana and Turtle Islands natural wetlands (excursions with tour guides available)