RADISSON BLU IS IDEAL HOME BASE FOR EXPLORING GALWAY
The hotel’s address in Galway city centre is ideally convenient for exploring the city and surrounding area, including Lough Atalia and Galway Bay. Nearby Eyre Square is home to monuments, beautiful architecture, Quincentennial Fountain and green spaces and offers proximity to a variety of restaurants and boutiques. After a day of sightseeing, watch the city come alive at night with its collection of pubs, clubs and bars. Practise your swing at one of the golf courses close to the hotel, or venture farther out for a bike ride on the wild Aran Islands or a trip to the charming villages and rugged landscapes of Connemara. Galway is just an hour from Shannon and Knock airports, allowing you to travel from Galway to anywhere in Ireland and beyond.
- Galway International Arts Festival - This summer event celebrates international creativity.
- Galway Races - Plan a 7-day getaway to see this exhilarating racing event.
- International Oyster Festival - The whole family can savour live music and fresh Galway Bay oysters.
- Eyre Square / Kennedy Park - Don't miss the Quincentennial Fountain and the 19th-century iron cannons.
- Golf courses - Among the top links in western Ireland, Galway's golf courses challenge both novices and experienced players.
- Kirwan's Lane – Wander along this medieval street and shop for handmade Irish goods before stopping for a pint at the renowned Busker Browne's Pub.
- River Corrib - Swim, sail, canoe or fish in Galway’s river.
City activities for all ages and interests
- Brave the high-diving board at Blackrock.
- Sample Irish hospitality and traditional music at Galway's cosy pubs.
- Relax and enjoy the people-watching at Eyre Square.
- Experience the bustle of Quay Street, where you can hear the buskers beckon.
- Kick the wall for good luck at the Salthill promenade.
- Take a day trip and see the rugged Connemara landscape or escape to the Aran Islands for a glimpse of Old Ireland.