GLASGOW WILL CO-HOST THE INAUGURAL EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS
The inaugural edition of the European Championships in 2018 will be staged by the host cities of Glasgow, Scotland and Berlin, Germany between 2 and 12 August. Plan your trip to Scotland around the sporting event of the year and stay close to all the action with Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow.
What goes on at the European ChampionshipsThe European Championships is a new multi-sport event which brings together the existing European Championships of some of the continent's leading sports every four years. Glasgow will host the Aquatics, Cycling, Gymnastics, Rowing and Triathlon along with a new Golf European Team Championships.
The Scottish venues includes:
- Swimming: Tollcross International Swimming Centre (30 mins by bus) and Synchronised swimming: Scotstoun Sports Campus (20 mins by bus)
- Diving: Royal Commonwealth Pool in Edinburgh (1 hour 30 mins by train)
- Open water swimming: Loch Lomond (30 – 45 mins north-west of Glasgow)
- Cycling (track, road, mountain bike and BMX): Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome (20 mins by train), the streets of Glasgow and Cathkin Braes Mountain Bike Trails. The city is building a new Olympic standard BMX track
- Gymnastics: SSE Hydro (10 mins by train)
- Golf: Gleneagles golf course North-east of Glasgow (1 hour by train)
- Rowing: Taking place at Strathclyde Country Park (20 mins south-east of Glasgow)
- Triathlon: Taking place at Strathclyde Country Park (20 mins south-east of Glasgow)
Plan your visit from Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
Pricing depends on event and venue, please check out prices and purchase tickets online.