Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
Hamburg hotel strives to be a responsible business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety. The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the Rezidor Hotel Group corporate international charity organization, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the World Childhood Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
GREEN KEY CERTIFIED
The Radisson Blu Hotel, Hamburg has been awarded with the Green Key. Green Key certification is given by the FEE (Foundation for Environmental Education) and has been awarded to 1,800 tourist facilities in 29 countries. It is based on criteria that go beyond a country’s environmental requirements; to be Green Key certified is to be actively creating a sustainable environment and community for the future.
Green Key criteria
- Employee training
- Energy- and water-saving practices
- Environmental management
- Information for guests about our efforts
- Local and sustainable food sources
- Waste management and recycling
Radisson Blu Hotel, Hamburg participated in responsible business activities in cooperation with the following organizations:
- Just a Drop Charity - Water saving initiative through towel reuse program
- "Hamburg räumt auf" - program to clean the city of Hamburg
- Stiftung Kinderjahre "Wish Tree" and "Learning Kids"
- Earth Hour
- Charity Staircase Run in support of The World Childhood Foundation
- Open day for all Heritage Listed Buldings in Hamburg