Our Radisson Blu Airport Hotel in Hamburg is located only 9 kilometers from the city center, where you can find fabulous shopping at Jungfernstieg or enjoy the beautiful scenery surrounding the Alster Lakes. Explore the country’s musical capital and catch a live performance at Theater Neue Flora or the Stage Operettenhaus. Whatever your preference, a world of entertainment and activities await you.
Top things to see and do
- Hamburg Airport - The fifth largest airport in Germany is adjacent to our hotel and directly connected via a foot bridge.
- Sporthalle Hamburg - 6 km. A public sports facility hosting several large sporting events, concerts and cultural events for up to 7,000 attendees.
- Congress Center Hamburg (CCH) - 8 km. The leading venue for large-scale conferences, exhibitions, trade fairs and concerts, currently undergoing a large-scale revitalization project, to be completed in 2019.
- Hamburg Messe (HMC) - 8 km. This fairground hosts more than 40 of its own events each year and is home to conferences, meetings and several other events with participants from all over the world.
- Tierpark Hagenbeck - 8 km. A 19-hectare zoo which invites you to see and learn about more than 1,800 different animals from all around the world.
- Alster lakes - 9 km. Take a boat trip down the two artificial lakes located in the city and explore its many winding canals.
- Hamburg city center - 9 km. Explore Germany’s second largest city. Dubbed the ‘Gateway to the World’, it’s also the second largest port hub in Europe. Located on the River Elbe it offers great shopping, culture and nature.
- Jungfernstieg Shopping Street - 9 km. Walk this famous shopping street in Hamburg and find new treasures with everything from haute couture to independent, quirky shops.
- Theater Neue Flora - 9 km. This grand musical theater has been built in a beautiful 1920’s style, putting on memorable performances like Disney’s The Lion King and more.
- Volksbank Arena - 9 km. This arena is home to most ice-based sports such as ice hockey.
- Reeperbahn - 10 km. Nestled in the St. Pauli district, this street boasts vibrant bars, pubs and restaurants, which makes for great nightlife.
- Stage Operettenhaus - 10 km. The oldest music theater in the hanseatic area. Their stage has hosted many famous shows such as Cats, Mamma Mia and Phantom of the Opera.
- Barclaycard Arena - 11 km. A large 40,000 square meter arena that has a capacity of 16,000 seats and often features cultural events and shows.
- Fischmarkt - 11 km. Visit the famous fish market where you can find anything from salmon to jewelry.
- Miniatur Wunderland - 12 km. Explore some of the world’s most scenic landscapes in miniature, all linked by the world’s longest miniature railway.
- The Harbor, St. Pauli and HafenCity districts - 12 km. Discover the vibrant harbor area and its exciting mix of old history and new culture, where you can visit the many bars and cafes of this cozy and cool neighborhood.
- Hamburg Cruise Center - 13 km. Known as Germany’s gateway to the North and Baltic seas, you can explore other exciting destinations by water from here.
- Elbphilharmonie (Elbe Philharmonic Hall) - 13 km. Experience musical greatness in the architecturally stunning Elbphilharmonie, which is located the Sandtorhafen area.
- Chocoversum – 13 km. The perfect place to taste, smell and learn more about anything chocolate.
- Imtech Arena – 15 km. This football stadium is also known as Volksparkstadion, and is where you can see Bundesliga team Hamburger SV play their home games.
A convenient base for business travelersThe hotel also boasts a great location for business travelers with the following major companies and corporations located nearby the hotel, just a short taxi, train or bus ride away.
- Bacardi GmbH
- Casio Europe GmbH
- DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG
- Desitin Arzneimittel GmbH Hamburg
- Edeka Zentrale AG & Co KG
- Ergo Versicherungsgruppe AG
- Johnson & Johnson Medical Care
- Lufthansa Technik AG
- Otto GmbH & Co KG
- Philips Medical Systems DMC GmbH
- Senvion GmbH
- Shell Deutschland Oil GmbH
- Tchibo GmbH
- Tesa SE
- Vattenfall Europe Hamburg AG