Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
HOTEL STRIVES TO BE A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Responsible Business activities and achievements include:
- Adoption of a child in Uganda through Plan International, including monthly donation to the child's community
- Coordination with the hotel's suppliers to help reduce waste and to re-use delivery materials
- Dedicated Responsible Business coordinator to oversee all activities daily
- Increased awareness among guests to re-use towels and conserve energy and water
- Involvement with the local community, including visits to the local orphanage during the Christmas season
- Optimization of the hotel's energy-consuming equipment
- Responsible Business training for all staff
- Use of energy-efficient light bulbs
- Waste-sorting system for glass, cardboard, hazardous materials and organic waste