Responsible Business – Let’s take responsibility!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
RB ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS INCLUDE
- Donating blood in cooperation with the Turkish Red Crescent Society
- Collecting books for schools in eastern Turkey
- Collecting waste papers for a foundation that uses them to provide medicine and nursing to the impoverished
- Collecting dead batteries for proper waste disposal
- Painting a high school in Ortaköy
- Placing cards in bathrooms to remind guests to conserve water