Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements. The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Activities and achievements of this hotel
- The Ulusal company, which encourages recycling of used oil, presented the hotel with a certificate of appreciation.
- The hotel donates clothes to children and elderly people in need.
- In cooperation with local hospitals and universities, we present health seminars for employees, guests and neighboring schools.
- The hotel has provided humanitarian aid for Mardin, with shawls and donation packages for children in need.
- The staff donates blood to Kizilay (the Turkish Red Cross).
- TEMA (The Turkish Foundation for Combating Soil Erosion, for Reforestation and the Protection of Natural Habitats) presented the hotel with a certificate for planting trees to create a small forest.
- The hotel has an array of solar panels, making the building more energy efficient and reducing our environmental impact.