ISTANBUL HOTEL PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of this foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Activities and achievements of this hotel include
- April Children’s Bayram Celebration
- Blood donation in cooperation with Turkish Crescent Society
- Collecting waste papers for recycling in cooperation with Tema
- Helping obtain electrical wheelchairs for disabled people
- Visiting animal shelters and making donations to feed the animals
- Visiting orphanage houses and giving gifts to the children
- Working in cooperation with Lösev to help children with leukemia
- Collecting glass bottles for recycling in cooperation with Ataşehir Municipality
- Donations to the Recycle into Goodness campaign