RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS INITIATIVES
At the Radisson Blu Jammu, we care about our community and the environment, so we seek to operate responsibly by fulfilling these initiatives:
- A conscious decision was made during the pre-opening recruitment to hire maximum staff from the local market and train them in the trade to support the local economy and employment generation efforts; 60% of total staffing in the hotel today is from the city and neighboring villages.
- The hotel has appointed staff under the “Hunar se Rozgar Scheme.” Associates are being trained in F&B Service and Production departments.
- The hotel is in contact with the orphanage “The Child Care,” where its park will be managed and maintained by the hotel for girls and boys.
- Free stationery will be provided to the students at the orphanage.
- General health check-up camps will be regularly organized by the hotel for the children at the orphanage during the visit.
- The hotel is currently exploring the possibility of sourcing seasonal produce from the farmers directly from those who are in the vicinity of the hotel, thus giving the price advantage to the farmers directly.
- The hotel will arrange for breakfast/lunch/dinner on a monthly basis for differently abled children.
- Handcrafts from local societies will be purchased by the hotel to boost self-employment initiative.
- A women-empowerment initiative has been taken, and the local NGO will be contacted to reach remote areas around the city.
- A traffic-awareness drive throughout the city will be done with local traffic control department (police).
- A blood donation camp will be arranged twice a year with the help of the Red Cross Society.
- The hotel has adopted half an acre of land under the Green Belt Development hotel project.
- The hotel will be doing landscaping/beautification from Kunjwani Bypass to Radisson Square (4 km belt).
- Kunjwani Bypass Square will be managed and maintained by the hotel under Go Green initiatives.
- The hotel has implemented “Swatch Bharat Abhiyan,” and staff have been participating in cleaning and maintaining areas in the hotel vicinity.
- The hotel will participate in environmental initiatives with the local NGO to contribute towards society.
- The hotel has gone for energy-efficient technology to save natural resources.
- The hotel’s entire lighting design is based on LED lights to save energy.
- The waste water is being recycled to use in gardening not only on the hotel’s premises but also in the surrounding areas of the hotel.
- The hotel is faithfully following the rain harvesting system because a drop in the water table level in the area is alarming.
- The hotel is using waste to make compost manure to use in the hotel’s garden.
- Most of the kitchen equipment is electric.