RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS INITIATIVES IN JAMMU
At the Radisson Blu Jammu, we care about our community and the environment, so we seek to operate responsibly by fulfilling initiatives concentrated on improving our surrounding area:
- The hotel concentrates on hiring its staff from the local market and training them in the trade to support the local economy and employment generation efforts. A total of 60% of our staff is from the city and neighboring villages.
- The hotel appoints staff under the Hunar se Rozgar Scheme. Associates are trained in F&B service and production departments.
- The hotel manages and maintains the park for the girls and boys of The Child Care orphanage.
- The hotel also provides free stationery for the students at the orphanage.
- The hotel organizes general health check-up camps for the children at the orphanage.
- The hotel is currently exploring the possibility of sourcing seasonal produce from farmers who are in its direct vicinity to give a price advantage to local farmers.
- The hotel arranges breakfast, lunch and dinner on a monthly basis for differently abled children.
- The hotel purchases handcrafts from local societies to boost the self-employment initiative.
- A women’s empowerment initiative has been taken, and the local NGO will be contacted to reach remote areas around the city.
- A traffic-awareness drive throughout the city will be done with the local traffic control department (police).
- A blood donation camp will be arranged twice a year with the help of the Red Cross Society.
- The hotel has adopted half an acre of land under the Green Belt Development hotel project.
- The hotel will be doing landscaping and beautification from Kunjwani Bypass to Radisson Square, a four-kilometer belt.
- Kunjwani Bypass Square will be managed and maintained by the hotel under its Go Green initiative.
- The hotel has implemented Swatch Bharat Abhiyan and the staff has been participating in cleaning and maintaining areas in the hotel’s vicinity.
- The hotel will participate in environmental initiatives with the local NGO to contribute towards society.
- The hotel has opted for energy-efficient technology to save natural resources.
- The hotel’s entire lighting design depends on LED lights to save energy.
- The hotel’s waste water is being recycled to use in gardening on the premises and around the area.
- The hotel is following the rain harvesting system to help ensure a drop in the water table level does not happen.
- The hotel is using waste to make compost manure to use in the hotel’s garden.
- The hotel uses mostly electric kitchen equipment.