RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS – LET’S TAKE RESPONSIBILITY
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the Radisson Hotel Group’s broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
Hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and Radisson Hotel Group’s corporate international charity organization, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Sample of this hotel’s RB activities and achievements
Environmentally friendly initiatives:
- All guest rooms and public areas are fitted with restrictor systems to avoid waste
- All hotel staff and in-house guests participate in the annual Earth Hour
- Freon gas is trapped in cylinders rather than released into the environment
- The lights in all public areas are fitted with timers
Health, safety and security initiatives:
- Fire Light Hotel Safety (FLHS) members create health-and-safety programs for guests and employees
- Safety information is provided through posters, charts and information boards
- The hotel ensures ongoing HACCP system implementation
- An ongoing recycling program is active in all departments
- Energy and water conservation programs for the hotel and staff house are constantly monitored
- The hotel provides on-the-job training in RB concepts to create further awareness
- The Living and Leading Responsible Business Program is an ongoing and mandatory activity for all hotel employees
How can guests take part in RB activities?
- Take part in the Give Away While You Stay program for disabled children; contact the front office for details
- Turn off the light before leaving your room and keep equipment, such as laptop computers, on energy-saving mode
- Participate in the Towel Replacement Program by putting your towel back on the rack for reuse, thus helping to conserve water