Responsible Business – Let’s take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the Rezidor Hotel Group’s broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the international charity organization recognized by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include:
Environmentally friendly initiatives:• A comprehensive program exists, together with a dedicated team, to monitor and manage waste.
• All guest rooms, public areas and staff areas at the hotel are fitted with water restrictors and/or sensor systems to avoid waste.
• The lights in public areas are fitted with timers
• The hotel celebrates Earth Hour on an annual basis with in-house guests and staff.
• The hotel is a Green Key Certified
• Freon gas is trapped in cylinders rather than released into the environment.
Social and community outreach:• Hotel staff provides yearly blood donations to a local welfare society upon request.
• The hotel participates annually in Iftar-for-a-Cause for disabled and orphaned children.
• The hotel participates in Give Away While You Stay, which provides donations for disabled children in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• Yearly donations of discarded linens are made to local charities.
• The hotel staff arranges various internal activities to collect donations for the charity partner organization of the Rezidor Hotel Group - World Childhood Foundation.
Health, safety and security initiatives:• Food For Thought program is available in all restaurants, enabling guests to have a wide choice of healthy food items.
• The hotel has earned the Comprehensive HACCP Certification.
• The hotel has been recognized and certified as an Executive level safe hotel in accordance with the Global Hotel Security Standards of Safehotels Alliance AB.
• Safety information is provided through posters, charts and information boards.
Staff involvement:• All staff members have undergone the dedicated Living Responsible Business Program, which educates about the company's Corporate Social Responsibility Program, as well as how staff can contribute.
• Ongoing refresher training through the On Job Skills Training Program targets waste management and energy conservation.
• Continuous improvements encourage a greener living and working environment.
• Staff members take part in the hotel's ongoing recycling program.
How can guests take part in RB activities?• Turn off the light before leaving the room and keep equipment, such as laptop computers, on energy-saving mode.
• Take part in the Give Away While You Stay program for disabled children; contact the front office for details.
• In-house guests can take part on hotel’s annual blood donation program.
• The Towel Replacement Program - should guests wish to reuse a towel, simply place it on the rack, which helps reduce water consumption.