The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Some of the RB activities and achievements of this hotel
- Reduce: We ask suppliers to decrease the amount of packing in their deliveries. Cards in each bathroom invite guests to reuse their towels. Bed linens are changed every other day for guests staying more than 1 night.
- Reuse: Papers are printed on both sides as often as possible. Frying oil is collected by a certified company, Filtafry, to be cleaned and used again. The hotel donates furniture, bedding and equipment to charity, including an orphanage in Suriname.
- Recycle: We enforce waste separation in all departments. Corks are collected for use as craft supplies in schools and kindergartens. Paper, cardboard, glass, plastic bottles, printer cartridges, magnetic cards and batteries are recycled.
- We use energy-efficient light bulbs.
- Lights in public areas have an energy-saving night mode, and guest rooms have a single off/on switch for all lighting that is activated by key cards.
- We follow the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group formula TRIC: Threat Assessment, Risk Evaluation, Incident Response, and Crises Management & Communication.
- All staff members have been trained to perform first aid in case of a medical emergency and to use the Heart Start defibrillator.
- All staff members have been trained to be part of a fire and evacuation team.
- The hotel has spent several days participating in programs that provide meals for children with cancer and their families, and has donated funds to the Association for Children with Cancer in Karlsruhe.
- Of the 199 hotel rooms, 179 are non-smoking, and vegetarian dishes are offered at all hotel restaurants.
- Put used batteries in one of the battery boxes at hotel reception.
- Rent bikes to explore the rural surroundings.
- Save energy by switching off any appliances when not in use.
- Avoid overfilling kettles.
- Let the hotel know that sheets and towels do not need changing every day.
- Staff will not replace towels if they are returned to the towel rail.
- On cold nights, draw curtains to keep heat in the room and on hot days, draw them to keep the heat out of the room.
- Participate in the hotel's recycling program.