Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include
- Educating employees on environmental and social issues
- Energy-saving programs
- Football charity cup
- Informing local residents of hotel activities to help the environment through local news media
- Implementation of non-smoking public areas and 100% non-smoking rooms from 01 Jan 2016
- Recycling program
- Supporting a Klaipeda orphan institution through donations and service
- Yearly public park clean-up