LEEDS ROYAL ARMOURIES
EXPLORE THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED KINGDOM
Visit the Leeds Royal Armouries Museum just a 20-minute walk from Radisson Blu Hotel and explore the many galleries full of historic swords, pikes, muskets and armour. The museum is perfect for adults and kids of all ages.
What to see at the Leeds Royal Armouries Museum
The Museum is full of exciting exhibitions, featuring 8500 objects from across the world spread over 5 themed galleries:
- In the War Gallery, you can take a closer look at the development of weapons and the art of warfare, from early history until today
- The Hunting Gallery presents the history and evolution of hunting
- The Oriental Gallery focuses on the great civilisations of Asia and even includes elephant armour!
- The Self-defence gallery is dedicated to arms and armour as art
- Tournament – everything a knight would have needed for jousting
At the very heart of the Royal Armouries you’ll find the Hall of Steel. It can be seen from every floor and offers views of a mass display of arms and armour featuring more than 2500 objects. If you’re a history buff, these massive collections will take you on a unique walk through the past.
Activities and events for all
The Royal Armouries holds events throughout the year, ranging from daily talks and workshops to exhibitions and performances. If you’re travelling with children, take them to the Jester’s Yard, where they can dress up, try their hand at juggling and even make their own shields, swords and crowns to take home. Want to test your own skills? Try your hand at the crossbow range.
Plan your visit from Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds City Centre
- Opening hours:
Closed 24, 25 and 26 December
- Admission is free