Temple Newsam House
VISIT THE HISTORIC TUDOR-JACOBEAN MANSION
Visit one of the most celebrated historic houses in the United Kingdom, it’s just a 20-minute drive from Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds City Centre. Explore 500 years of history in the Temple Newsam House surrounded by 1500 acres of beautiful parkland and 18th century gardens designed by England's greatest gardener Lancelot ‘Capability‘ Brown.
What to experience at Temple Newsam HouseBuilt in 1518 and birthplace of the notorious husband of Mary Queen of Scots, Lord Darnley, Temple Newsam House was purchased by Leeds City Council in 1922. The woodland estates surrounding this Tudor-Jacobean mansion are open to the public, and easy to reach by car from our Hotel in the city centre of Leeds.
- Explore the interior rooms, filled with fine and decorative art treasures.
- Wander the historic halls by yourself with or without an audio guide or book ahead to reserve you place on one of their guided tours. They offer a variety of tour types to discover the House’s magnificent history.
Stroll through the award-winning, working conservation farm with over 400 animals, including pigs, sheep, goats, cattle and ducks, many of which are rare breeds. The Home Farm also has a playground for kids to enjoy.
After you’ve explored the preoperty, you can recharge at the Temple Newsam Tea Rooms which are located in the Stable Courtyard. It’s open daily throughout the summer and offers cakes, snacks, sandwiches, light meals, and children’s boxes.
Plan your visit from Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds City Centre.
- Summer (10 February – 28 October): 10:30 – 17:00
- Winter (2 November – 9 February): Closed, by appointment only
- Adults: £6
- Children: £2.50
- Family (2 adults + 3 children 5-16): £12.50
- Summer: 10:00 – 17:00 (Tuesday – Sunday, open Mondays during school holidays)
- Winter: 10:00 – 16:00 (Tuesday – Sunday)
- Adults: £3.80
- Children: £2.50
- Family (2 adults + 3 children 5-16): £10.20
- Adults: £8.40
- Children: £4.20
- Family (2 adults + 3 children 5-16): £20.00
- 10:00 – 16:30 (Monday – Friday)
- 10:00 – 17:30 (Saturday – Sunday)
- 10:30 – 16:00 (Tuesday – Sunday)
- Monday (Closed)