Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
HOTEL PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Sample of this green hotel’s RB activities and achievements
- Battery collection box
- Hosting a mock wedding and an Easter egg drop in support of the children's ward at Letterkenny General Hospital
- Hosting the annual Young Artist of the Year Award
- Involvement in Tidy Towns Association and other trash pick-up programs
- Participation in fund-raising events for Donegal Hospice and the Renal Patient Comfort Fund at Letterkenny General Hospital
- Placing signs in all guest rooms to encourage water conservation through towel re-use
- Quarterly staff meetings on RB
- Receipt of the Green Hospitality Award, 2010 – 2012
- Separating plastic, paper and general waste to promote recycling
- Sponsorship of Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Staff training in fire safety and first aid
ESB ecars, in association with Fáilte Ireland and the Environmental Protection Agency, is providing charge points for electric cars to 100 green-accredited hotels. The Radisson Blu in Letterkenny is proud to be one of them. The initiative is part of a nationwide charging infrastructure rollout and supports the development of green tourism in Ireland. Hotels are ideal for ecar charging during overnight stays, meetings and dining. All participating hotels will be listed on the ESB ecars charge point map.